Our Top Picks of Back-To-School Books
Discovery Place Kids | Rockingham
Students will be going back to school in no time, and for many children, this will be their very first day of Kindergarten! Help prepare your child for their big day with some great back-to-school stories.
Research shows that reading with your child not only helps instill a love for books early on, but it can also help with important development skills like auditory processing, word and letter recognition, social interactivity and inspiring creativity.
Starting in August, Story Time at Discovery Place Kids-Rockingham will be dedicated to some of our favorite titles that will help young students overcome their first-day fears while practicing important listening skills for the Kindergarten classroom.
Even if your child isn’t getting ready to start Kindergarten, we’ll be reading lots of great back-to-school stories appropriate for all elementary ages as well:
- Countdown to Kindergarten by Alison McGhee
- Pout-Pout Fish Goes to School by Deborah Diesen
- Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come! by Nancy Carlson
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. & John Archambault
- Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni
- Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg
- The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
Story Time takes place everyday at 1:45 p.m. at the Sandhills Stage.