Learn About What You Want to be When You Grow Up
Discovery Place Kids Rockingham
Investigate all different kinds of community helpers and learn why they are so important to us all November long at Discovery Place Kids-Rockingham. What do you want to be when you grow up? A policeman or fireman? What about a veterinarian?
On weekdays at 11:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m., join us for physics-themed activities all month long.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays- The People in Your Neighborhood: Do you know the community helpers in our neighborhood? Join us as at The Lab we investigate some of our favorite community helpers and what they do each day.
- Wednesdays & Fridays- What’s Your Emergency?: Community helpers like police officers, firefighters and emergency medical staff come to the rescue when you’re in trouble and help keep us safe. Stop, drop and roll your way to the Sandhills Stage as we investigate these hometown heroes and what they do on the job.
What can we do with our little explorers over the weekend?
All month long, join us on Saturdays at 11:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. or Sundays at 2:15 p.m. to put your architect skills to the test in our timed building challenge in Little Builders. Imagination, creation, designing and construction are all a part of building our community.
There are also special events throughout the month of November that you won't want to miss!
- November 3- Science With a Twist: Join us for a special night of scientifically-proven fun as we transform Discovery Place Kids Rockingham into an adult playground with interactive one-night-only activities! Event proceeds will be used to fund Discovery Place Kids education programs, laying the foundation for a life long love of learning for children in our community. Tickets include hors d’oeuvres and two drink tickets per person. Cash bar available. Must be 21+ to attend. ID required at the door.
- November 10- I Can Be Anything Fair: Your child CAN…Be a firefighter, a chef, an artist or an inventor. Explore what the future can hold at the I CAN Be Anything Fair, a kid-sized career fair where kids can meet police officers, firefighters, teachers and more as they discover opportunities for their futures.
- November 11- Veteran’s Day: Create a piece of art or write a letter that will be given to a veteran to extend a special thanks from us to them!
- November 21– Thanksgiving: Gobble, gobble, gobble! Join us at the Sandhills Stage for a special Thanksgiving story time!