Travel the world and explore “play” in different cultures. Learn about the traditional games and play practices in Australia, Africa, Brazil, Singapore and more.
Major Concepts to Be Explored:
Students will learn games from around the world and realize the children in other countries are not that different from themselves.
- K.C&G.1.1: Exemplify positive relationships through fair play and friendship.
- K.C.1.2: Explain the elements of culture (how people speak, how people dress, foods they eat, etc.).
- CCSS.Math.Content.K.CC.B.4b: Understand that the last number name said tells the number of objects counted. The number of objects is the same regardless of their arrangement or the order in which they were counted.
- 1.C.1.1: Compare the languages, traditions, and holidays of various cultures.
- 1.C.1.2: Use literature to help people understand diverse cultures.
- 2.C.2.1: Explain how artistic expressions of diverse cultures contribute to the community (stories, art, music, food, etc.).
Methods and Activities:
Group Discussion, Interactive Centers, Hands-on Experimentation
Play, Cultures, Traditions, Customs, Diversity
Call To Book704.372.6261 x300
- Duration: 50 minutes
$12 per student
- Minimum of 15 students