Learn about the tools meteorologists use to gather information and analyze data. We’ll compare weather patterns and try to predict what the weather will be like from season to season.
Major Concepts to Be Explored:
Students will be able to identify the tools scientist use for observing, recording, and predicting the weather.
- K.E.1.2: Summarize daily weather conditions, noting changes that occur from day to day and throughout the year.
- K.E.1.3: Compare weather patterns that occur from season to season.
- K.G.2.1: Explain how people adapt to weather conditions.
- 1.C&G.1.1: Explain why rules are needed in the home, school, and community.
- 2.E.1.2: Summarize weather conditions using qualitative and quantitative measures to describe temperature, wind direction, wind speed, and precipitation.
- 2.E.1.4: Recognize tools that scientist use for observing, recording, and predicting weather changes from day to day and during the season.
Methods and Activities:
Group Discussion, Interactive Centers, Hands-on Experimentation
Meteorologist, Predict, Barometer, Anemometer, Thermometer, Wind Vane, Rain Gauge, Air Pressure, Precipitation
Call To Book704.372.6261 x300
- Duration: 50 minutes
$12 per student
- Minimum of 15 students