What to expect on your upcoming visit to Discovery Place Kids-Huntersville
Discovery Place Kids Huntersville
We are so happy to be open and be able to see our visitors again. Things may feel a bit different when you arrive, but we are here to talk you through it and get you into the Museum as quickly as possible.
When you turn the corner from the parking garage, you might see a line formed on the covered sidewalk. Don’t worry, it is just taking a little time to review our new safety protocols with guests, and it will be your turn shortly. This is a good time to put your mask on everyone in your party who is 2 years old and up, pull up your advance tickets and think about what you're most excited to interact with once inside.
Once you reach the door, a staff member will greet you and ask you a few questions about your health. Then, we will check that everyone has their mask on correctly and ask that you keep it on throughout the duration of your visit. Next, we will perform contactless temperature checks with all visitors. Just a few more steps and you're on your way to play.
Having your ticket purchase barcodes pulled up on your phone or printed is the best way to get in quickly. We will scan your tickets then cover a few guidelines for your time inside the Museum.
Now it is time for you to be a firefighter, store clerk or an airplane pilot! We appreciate all your patience during this time. On your way out, we would love to hear what you enjoyed most.
A few things to remember when planning your visit.
- Advance tickets are required and must be purchased online.
- Be sure to arrive during the timeslot you selected when booking your tickets.
- You are welcome to stay until closing but there is no re-entry once you leave.
- Have your snacks before or after your visit. Currently, there is no food or drink allowed in the Museum, except for water bottles and baby bottles.
- There are picnic tables outside for you to use either before or after your visit.
- If you would like to make a day of it, check out the restaurants and ice cream place across the street either before or after your Museum visit. You're welcome to leave your car in the parking garage while you explore town.
- It is always important that you stay together as a group. Children must be with an adult at all times.